Well...we have made it to our 24 week mark! How exciting! For those of you like my Mom, 24 weeks means 6 months! :) It is so fun to go week by week and notice the suttle changes I have during pregnancy. I went to my regular appt last week and saw the nurse practitioner. I normally see Dr. Vick (who I adore!). I know I always remind you of how much I love that man, but he's been so wonderful to us! I left the appt pretty bumbed out because I hadn't gained any weight in the last 4 weeks. The NP had me really worried that maybe Janelyn wasn't growing right, but she measured my stomach (this should be equal with the # of weeks I am) and I was right on target at 24 weeks. That gave me much relief, but I think I just felt frustrated. I have thought I am doing so great and maintaining my weight, eating healthy, and exercising. She said at this point she wants me to have gained at minimum 15 lbs and I've only gained 5. She recommended me eating every hour, even if it's just fruit and cheese. Being the honory person I am, I told her I highly doubt I'll do this and as long as Janelyn is growing fine, that's all I'm concerned with. I don't eat more than I should and maybe sometimes I'm not eating enough. I am going to try to start doing better. My sweet brother called me when I left my appt and said..."well how's your day going?" I just started balling to him, telling him how upset I was about that appt! Poor guy! He probably thinks he never wants to get married and have children after hearing me babble on! He was so sweet to remind me that I'm doing a perfect job caring for Janelyn and myself...it totally made me feel better! Thank God for my precious brother! I cherish him so much!!!! I have an appt to go back to see Dr. Vick in 3 weeks, the week after our beach trip. Surely after chowing down at the beach, I'll come back a porker and they'll be pleased with me!! :)
On a happier note, Brad felt Janelyn move for the 1st time 2 nights ago! It was so special!! She was doing a jig in there and he said..."how do you stand this??" He says he can't believe how much she moves and how often I am able to feel her. She is a very active baby...unlike her Momma, I am sure! ;) Even at the Dr.'s office they have a hard time keeping up with her heartbeat because she moves so much! I guess I better get prepared for a little girl...just like me! :)
In the past 2 weeks, we can tell a big difference in my belly!! She's starting to really grow! I have been having some round ligament pain (pain that shoots down in your groin)...so this is a good sign that I'm starting to blossom! I'm hoping maybe by the time we're back from the beach, I'll be able to start wearing maternity clothes. I have the cutest clothes, but so far no need to wear them. I think this is all the update on our pregnancy for the moment! It is flying by so fast! I'm grateful for the summer months...and look forward to having a nice tan before Janelyn arrives!
Saturday, April 26, 2008
24 weeks!!
Posted by Brad & Rachel at 11:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment