CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Our 2nd prenatal visit!!

Hello everyone! We hope this blog finds you each having wonderful days! Just wanted to update you on our growth! Carrie & I went to the doctor today for my 2nd prenatal visit. (Brad will only be able to go to the important ones, you know I can't let him off work for just any reason! ;)). Dr. Vick says everything is going very well. They didn't do another ultrasound, he said that would be at the visit after next...and then we'll find out what we're having!! He said my blood count was "beautiful" and I'm taking really good care of me and our precious little one. (If you know me well, you know I'm working very hard at that!!) My blood pressure today was slightly elevated, but he says it's probably just from where I had been up and moving around before having it taken. He wants me to take it while I'm at work and make sure it is consistent with my normal and not high. I also have to pat myself on the back for having "ZERO" weight gain thus far!!!!!!! :) Yippee! I couldn't be any happier about that! I know the pounds will start piling on, soon...so I mize well just be prepared. The baby's heartrate was strong and FAST! Dr. Vick couldn't believe how fast it was!! I told him if he only knew it's Momma...and how hyper and active I am! I told him I'm praying for a happy median between me and Brad...that would be a great match! He answered some questions I had...just simple things he said I deserved to know...though he loves for me to "leave the nurse at the door!" He said we'd be perfectly fine to go on our trip to Destin in May and I can start getting my hair colored at any time! :)
As far as me...I'm doing very well...with as little whining as possible! :) There have been a few days that I'm tired with some nausea (mainly just overall stomachache), but I have to praise our Lord for being so good to me! I can't complain for one second about this pregnancy! If only the rest is this great...I'll have had such a free ride! I try to go to bed as early as possible, despite Brad's wanting to stay up half the night! :) He normally loves on me and tucks me in...then I'm out like a light! I told him my body is just preparing me for what's to come in just a few short months!
Carrie & I went to Babies R Us today. It was so fun to see all the baby things...it made things so much more real! I got prices on diapers, etc...and plan to start buying those, soon. Brad has been working so hard on the basement and is making much headway at getting it finished. Today we are 11 weeks, 3 days and praise our Lord for such blessings! Thank you all for your continued prayers and loves! Our growth has been so amazing...we're so grateful to share it with each of you that we love so much! Loves Always, Brad & Rachel

PS--More on Nicholas' stories...he asked me yesterday where my "gurl" is...I told him "it's" growing inside my belly and he leaned down and kissed it. He told me later in the day that my "gurl" has long hair and he "can't wait to play with her!" I can't tell you how much that little guy brightens every second of my day! I can't imagine how in love with my own children I will be!

One more PS--My sweet Daddy has nicknamed our baby "Taddy"..."Taddy the Tadpole!" haha...he says it looks like a frog on our 1st ultrasound. Thank God for Daddies like mine...I couldn't live a single day without his humor! :)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Rachel
It is so good to hear from you and to hear your exciting news. Yes- Babies are absolute miracles from God. I have two now- Noah (almost 3years) and Caleb (9 months). Enjoy each and every moment of your pregnancy and of your new life with your precious children- Cause being a mommy you will soon believe what you have heard all of your life- Time truely does FLY! Congratulations again and I look forward to future updates! Danielle Spurling

Anonymous said...

Rachel & Brad,

Great news! I love your blog! It's a good way to keep us up-to-date. I'll help Gramma learn how to use it.

"Aunt" Linda