Last night, we told my parents our great news! We had written letters from the baby to Mom, Daddy, and Taylor. I had planned to wait until tonight after our annual get together with just our immediate family, but I really wanted all the Rouses to know, so I went ahead and told them last night before the Rouse Christmas party. Mom & I were alone at her house and I told her I had an early Christmas present for her. I laid the letter on the counter. She finished with some food she was making, then picked up the letter. (I was watching her in the microwave, she just didn't know it!!). She started reading the letter and in a second she started saying "OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH!!!" Then she just started shedding tears of joy! We hugged and she began to tell me how surprised, yet excited she was! It was so special to see her so happy. After she regained her composure and we discussed some of our plans, she said..."we have to go tell your Daddy! He has to know!!" I told her to just wait for a few minutes, once he was home, I'd give him his letter. A few minutes passed and Daddy came home from the barn. He had gone into his bedroom to get his clothes out to take a shower. He left the clothes laying on the bed and went back to the kitchen for a second, so I ran in there and laid the letter on top of his clothes. I was in their bathroom and I heard him say..."is this another bill, Janet?" before he read the letter. (haha, go figure!) Being Mr. Prideful, he took the letter into the den to read it. Mom hid in the corner and watched him read it. He was gone for like 3 minutes! It seemed so long! I was dying for his response!! So those long minutes passed and he came back into their room and gave me "his" look while I was standing in the bathroom. Quickly, he wrapped me up in his arms and with huge tears in his eyes, told me how excited he is and how proud of me he is. It was so special. I whispered to him that this time he may get a set of pigtails. He grinned and said.."I'd love that!" Later last night, Daddy walked me to my car, he hugged me and said..."it's so great...my snugglebunny is going to have a snugglebunny!"
The night went on with our annual Rouse Christmas party...one of the most special times of the year for us. We all had a great time and Mom and Carrie quickly told everyone about our new excitement! Everyone seemed so thrilled! Brad has told a couple of people in his family and tomorrow, on Christmas Day, we are telling his Mamaw Kether. We are so excited about that! We know she's prayed for years for her great-grandbabies! We also can't wait to see the reaction of his step-dad, Johnny! Brad's so excited to tell him he's going to be a Papaw!!!
Today, we are 6 weeks, 5 days! There has been occasional nausea, but for the most part, I think I'm doing amazing! Brad & I are reading and learning new things everyday about the miracle God is making! Thank you for your continued prayers and support. We're so excited to share our stories with you! We can't think of anything more special for our families during this wonderful time of the year! Loves & Smiles, Brad & Rachel
Monday, December 24, 2007
Telling Rachel's parents!
Posted by Brad & Rachel at 11:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Congratulations Rachel and Brad!!-Loves-Torry!!!!
Congratulations! I'm happy for you both.
Rachel,
I can't believe you're going to be a mommy! You will be a natural. I can't wait to watch you grow. I know I will learn so much from you as you become a mother. Congratulations! I love you.
*Casey Bales*
Post a Comment