CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Our baby girl is almost 1!!!

J in her Happy Birthday hat! So excited for her to show it off at her parties! :)

Janelyn playing in the muddy garden! She LOVES to get dirty!


Where does the time go? As I look into Janelyn's eyes, I see how fast she is growing...and loving life! I can't believe that in just a few days, our baby will be turning 1!!! I'm quickly realizing that she is no longer a "baby" anymore...but is turning into the sweet lady she is...and truthfully...I love it!! She is becoming even more beautiful every day!




She is taking several steps at a time,now...and seems to love this independence! It's so cute to watch them as they learn to walk! Her favorite word is dog...and she says it all the time! She also says Mommy, Daddy, Nana, hey, bye bye, ball, Bella, Abby...and most recently Papaw! Talk about melting a Papaw's heart...:) Her and my Daddy share a very special bond and to see her little face tilt sideways, as if she is shy when he talks to her...it's just so precious to me!




She is a whole milk drinker, now!!! Can't believe it's true...but she is crazy about her whole milk! She takes her sippy cup so well and prefers the straw ones. I still have quite a bit of frozen breastmilk, so I am mixing the 2 milks for her, until my breastmilk is gone. I knew I worked hard pumping, but never knew it'd last this long! She is down to only 2 breastfeedings a day...morning and night. Of course those are now comfort feedings...will be hard to get rid of, but I plan to start trying, soon. Since she has been drinking her whole milk, she has really started eating better. She is also really active, now...and spends lots of time each day in her walker outside on the concrete! She gets to going so fast....it's hilarious! I try to videotape her every chance I get...she'll think it's funny some day!


Janelyn playing in her walker!


She is still a good sleeper...but at times continues to wake up in the night. We have decided she's trying to play games sometimes and we'll let her wine it out at night. She sleeps just like me...it's crazy how much they can be just like us! She's still a great napper, napping twice daily for about 2 hours. Her usual night time is from 8ish-8ish the next morning, but she gets up and eats around 5 or 6. I don't mind, because she goes right back to sleep, but soon I will have to break her from that!
I have been busy planning Janelyn's 1st birthday parties and I'm looking so forward to them! We are having a kids party one day and a family party another day! I have so many fun kid ideas!! I am sure they will all have a great time! Look forward to sharing these pictures with you!!! Each day we learn something new about being parents...and more excitement and happiness comes along the way! I never knew that one precious smile or a whisper of "Mommy" could touch me as much as they have! Together...Brad and I are constantly in amazment of the beauty we have been blessed with! Though she is growing up way too fast...we know she is becoming an incredible, loving young woman! Though life moves too fast, we are loving each changing season in Janelyn's life! :) Love you all! Brad & Rachel


0 comments: