CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Our baby girl has arrived!!!!

Hey everyone! We are tickled too death to announce that our sweet baby girl, Janelyn Rouse Dearing safely entered this world on Sunday morning, August 17th, 2008 at 4:48 am!!! She seems so small, weighing 6 lbs, 4 ounces, but is so long at 21 inches!

Saturday, August 16th, I woke up at 5am with contractions. I was surprised at what they were, I just knew I was starting to feel really uncomfortable, with lots of pain in my lower back. I didn't want to wait my wonderful, sleeping husband, so I quietly washed 4 loads of laundry, cleaned both bathrooms, and swept and mopped all our flooring! :) I imagine these are the same things my Mother did years ago when she went into labor! At about 9:15am, I thought, that sleeping beauty has slept long enough!!! :) So I woke Brad and explained to him that though I was ok at the moment, I imagined today was our big day!!! He wanted to get to the hospital right away, but I wanted to wait until I was really uncomfortable and not go too early (again, like the wonderful Mother I have, I am sure :)). I took a bath, washed my hair...then decided we'd go walk...and see what happened from there. I managed just fine, but the contractions were coming every 2-3 minutes, even after 6 or so hours. I decided to call Dr. Vick about 1230 pm and let him know what was going on. His NP called me back and told me to come on in. So...I took another shower (I think I was past clean at that point!!) and Brad & I headed that way about 2ish...He was so nervous, he texted on the telephone the entire time and called the Honda dealership to try to find a "code" to put into my radio (the battery died the day before (once again, imagine our luck!)) and the radio in the car wouldn't work. After about 30 minutes on the road...I finally had to tell him he was gonna have to start paying attention! I think the pains were growing more intense and so my horns were wanting to peak out the top of my head! :) Anyway...safely we made it to St. Mary's.

We were evaluated, being told, "you're contracting strong, every 2-3 minutes!" (ARE YOU SERIOUS?? :)) Anyway...they let us walk (almost die! haha! just kidding!) and then Dr. Vick came in to see us shortly. So, at 3:30ish PM...we were admitted to room 33. They began my paperwork and started my IV (x 4 I might add, but that was ok, sometimes that happens). Pretty soon, my sweet new friend, Dr. Adden came and gave me my epidural. He was so kind and explained everything to me. It only took about 5 minutes and was easy as pie! Pretty soon after that, our families starting arriving. I was so grateful for the epidural before everyone came! Dr. Vick came in at 6PM and broke my water. The night seemed to progress quickly after that...at least for me! I was pain free through the entire labor & was so blessed to have several family and friends in & out through the night.

I knew Janelyn would come pretty quickly and though she wasn't born til 4:48am...she did come fast! I was so blessed to only push for 7 minutes!! Dr. Vick is so patient & uplifting....we couldn't have asked for a better experience! From the little registration guy on Saturday...til discharge home on Monday..everyone was amazing!

Seeing Janelyn for the 1st time was unbelievable...she was just as imagined, except smaller! She is so tiny and skinny :). But she's such a strong little fighter! Our 1st day & night we had lots of fun with loved ones coming to see us! The 1st night with her was great, too!! Her & her Daddy snuggled quite a bit while Mommy showered and maintained all her sore parts! :)

Our pediatrician and Dr. Vick came in early for us on Monday and let us go on home! How trusting those men are! :) We were so excited to get to bring home our bundle so early! I never really even felt like I had a baby (how lucky am I!!!), so I knew coming on home would be just fine!

This am is day 4 and everything has been wonderful!! :) Janelyn is breastfeeding like a champ...about every 3 hours during the day and every 4 at night!! She has been such a jewel...and seems so pleasant and happy...and CALM!!!! (unlike her Mommy is!)...it's amazing how sweet she is! She has the biggest, eyes that just melt Brad & me! She's a very alert baby and loves to look around...(observant like me!)

We took her to her pediatrician yesterday morning and he said she's wonderful! We'll go back in 3 weeks to see him. He was great to give us breastfeeding tips and really got to know us as a family. It was such a pleasant experience!

We want to thank everyone for being so kind and loving on us & baby Janelyn!! From the phone calls, hospital stops, and all the wonderful food...we have been showered with so much love!!! On a personal note--I'd love to thank my amazing, patient...unbelievably proud husband and new Daddy!!! He has been nothing shy of the best thing in this world!!! He is so precious with her and loves on her like you wouldn't believe!!! He even said yesterday (with her lying on his chest)..."I really need to get busy doing something in the basement...I swear...I've never let anything 5 lbs hold me down like this!!! :)" It was so sweet! He has been right there supporting me as I breastfeed and caring for her so Mommy can be away to shower and do anything else I'd like! I know his Mom is so proud of him...I wish she could be here to see how amazing he is!

Well anyway...just wanted to update everyone on our wonderful experience as we are now proud parents! We were always told that there's nothing like the love we'd have for our new baby and that has been proven to be so true!!!! Together...Brad & I are happier than we've ever been and luck so forward to what the Lord has in store for our family as we love on her & watch our baby J grow!!

0 comments: